Monday, January 5, 2015

Strength for the Holiday

Isaiah 41:10: "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand"


Holidays are supposed to be happy, joyful, and much more. Though what does a person do to get through a holiday without their loved one? In 2011 I was going to experiences my first major holiday without  the most special people in my life,  Ma who raised me and my first baby Dani and second baby Arin, who I had miscarried. In 2012 I had another miscarriage, Jessi, our third. Ma always made all holidays special. Christmas and Easter were her favorites. The hardest was not having my babies here, how was I even going to make it through the holidays year after year. Then in 2014 I experienced the toughest loss, I gave birth to quintuplets, yes 5. They lived for two hour here on earth. They were born 21 weeks premature. Also my birth mother passed away suddenly. 

Here are a three ways that helped me get through the first holiday without my loved ones and continue to get through in years ahead.

1. When my heart is breaking I try to remember what Christ did for all of us. It’s about the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Jesus would die on a cross and be risen from tomb three days later. He was sent to saves us from our sins so we can have everlasting life. So if one believes in him, they will have everlasting life. God provides me with strength to get through each holiday, because the hope of seeing my loved ones again. What a day that will be. God is the provider of peace and comfort. He knows about death. He knows we will grieve. He wants you and I to look to him for peace and comfort. He loves you. That's why he provides salvation. Turn to him today and watch what he can do for you.


2. Another form of help during the holidays is talking about your love ones. Share memories, funny stories. Honor them by making something they liked or something they cooked. God provides you with some form of memory. I didn't get to meet Dani, Arin, and Jessi, but I did get to hear a heartbeat, and see them on ultrasounds. It is not very many memories, but it is three memories that impacted my world amazingly. Strength is like a battery it needs to be charged. So God provides some good memories to help charge your strength during those most difficult times when missing your loved ones more. That is why I say, the best gift you can have is spending time and making memories. Also don't let anger and hatred keep you from making memories they will not make much of a charge. Your battery will need to be charged. God provides it!!!

3. Don't feel guilty about being happy. Your loved ones want you to be happy and enjoy yourself. Depression will only bring you down. It will make life so miserable. Your loved ones, wants you to be happy. So honor them by doing that.  Trust God to give you that charge to help you smile.


When you battle one storm, you will be able to battle the next. With God by your side, you will notice how you have the strength to enjoy and be happy. Even with the most tragic events in your life.





Jesus is The a reason for the season
Merry Christmas Every One,

Jesus Loves you,
Felicia Kruse
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment